Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mt. Everest

The Space Fleet has generously provided me with a personal hovercraft, so the journey to the top of Mt. Everest was fairly effortless. I find Mt. Everest an appropriate place to end my journey, because, well... just look at it!





 I view at Mt. Everest as the pinnacle of nature's achievements.

It is awe invoking that over so many years, the Earth can produce something so... big. Mount Everest is a clear marking of the collision boundary between the Indian and Eurasian Plates. A collision boundary is when two continental plates(both "low" density) crash or collide into each other. Neither sinks, so over the years, the two plates just keep smushing together. The products of this are mountain ranges like the Himalayas, and also earthquake activity.
Apparently 21st century humans pride themselves in climbing this mountain. I wonder how they would react if they knew about the Rheasilvia central peak they'll soon climb on planet Vesta. My current coordinates are 27°59'16.18"N 86°55'30.11"E. I think I will miss earth, and the 21st century. Thank you for reading, and for the last time, Henry out.

-5/12/69
© U.S.F. 5068-
-Longevus et prosperabitur-

No comments:

Post a Comment